System Overview The most important factor for enhancing plant growth is providing the special climate conditions in terms of light, humidity, temperature, Co2 and so on. To meet these requirements, the idea of growing plants in environmentally controlled areas (greenhouse) is proposed. Control and monitoring microclimate parameters plays an important role in greenhouse production and management. One of the considerable challenges about greenhouse cultivation is providing acceptable microclimate parameters such as light, temperature, humidity and etc. by means of a reliable control system. The main specification of this system is continuous and accurate control of microclimate parameters in order to cultivating crops or specific plant species. Greenhouse control and monitoring system which is designed by RSCO Company is developed to control and monitoring microclimate parameters of greenhouses with different types of crops and architecture as well as providing managements reports. The aim of proposed system is to addressee all necessary requirements which are discussed about controlling greenhouse environment in an affordable way. In greenhouse automation system, the microclimate parameters (light, temperature, humidity, Co2 and wind speed) are measured by means of embedded sensors continuously. These environmental data are sent to central controller wirelessly and being processed. Central controller is comprised of a PC and control circuit which receives data by means of an access point. At last, central controller sends proper commands to actuators such as heaters, fogging, fans, shades and windows based on received data and defined procedures. Moreover, the monitoring software provides a real time overview of greenhouse automation system and different management control reports. The Greenhouse Automation system block diagram is shown in the following picture:
- Compatible design to use in all types of greenhouse with different crops and architecture
- Compatible design to use in humid environment
- High fault tolerance system
- Reliable and accurate system because of measuring both inside and outside microclimate parameters
- Using PLCs in control system which increase the reliability, flexibility and noise and humidity resistance as well as reducing energy consumption and costs
- Establishing wireless connection
- Developing system effectively because of using components with standard analogue and digital inputs/outputs
- Comprehensive and professional software which provides manual and automatic control, monitoring all equipment status and management reports
- Designing the system based on Construction Engineering Organization (CEO) Standards
1- Measuring microclimate parameters (light, temperature, humidity, Co2 and wind speed) of different places in greenhouse
** light, temperature and humidity is measured for both internal and external environments while wind speed only for external and Co2 only for internal environment is measured
2- Sending the obtained microclimate data to central controller through Wi-Fi communication
3- Sending control commands to actuators base on predefined routines through Wi-Fi communication
Collecting and transmitting data to central controller as well as applying control commands to actuators are done by PLCs which is embedded in control panels.
- What are the measured parameters by Greenhouse Automation System?
- Which sensors are employed in Greenhouse Automation System?
- What is the control method of greenhouse window and shade?
- What is the communication protocol between controller and sensors?
- What are the benefits of automatic control option?
Please Click here for answers and more information